What is semi permanent makeup?
For all those who know this may seem like a simple question, which doesn’t really need much explanation. Yet, how many of you actually really understand the science behind it?
Semi permanent makeup involves breaking the skin and placing tiny molecules of pigment into the dermal layer of the skin. The hypoallergenic pigment is made up of natural iron oxide and can remain in the skin up to 5 years later.
It’s important to realise that we all have different skin types and lifestyle plays a big factor. Extra exposure to the sun, exfoliation, sweating due to sport, speed of skin cell rejuvenation and colour chosen are all factors to consider.
Semi permanent makeup, which is also known in the industry as micropigmentation is more commonly used to transform eyebrows, eyes and lips – enhancing, contouring and adding depth and colour to your chosen area.
So, who might benefit from such a treatment you might ask? Quite simply women and even men with a whole manor of different requests:
- More time in the mornings – it can half the time it takes to get ready every day
- Perfect for those who suffer allergic reactions to conventional makeup.
- Great for swimmers and athletes – no more streaky makeup.
- Looks natural and radiant all day long.
- Ideal for those with alopecia or other skin and hair conditions.
- You suffer from bad eyesight, semi-permanent makeup means the more intricate parts of your routine are taken care of. Eyeliner, lip liner and eyebrow makeup are just some of the options we offer.
- And quite simply, semi-permanent makeup ensures you look amazing at all times
There is of course far more to semi permanent makeup and the different techniques, which can be used. However, an important to point to remember is choosing the right technician to carry out your procedure is absolutely imperative. Semi-permanent makeup is an important decision so does take time to speak to your chosen technician, undertake a medical questionnaire, feel confident in their ability and finally feel comfortable with them.
Semi permanent makeup can be a fantastic way to enhance your natural features and make the very best in what you already have.